This is Me!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Week Six: Tagging and Social Bookmarking

Since I already had a Yahoo! account, I went with Delicious instead of the other social bookmarking sites. This way I didn't have to open another new account.

While I've heard about Delicious, I've never felt the urge to really use it. I know the URLS for the websites I use most often. However, Delicious will be great to keep track of the websites that are useful to me professionally, but I don't use very often. It will also help me to keep track of sites friends and colleagues recommend. I think I will try to use this during the KLA conference in Wichita this April. I can just add another bookmark I learn about in a session from my iPod touch!

For those who are interested my username is mari_marvel. I just exported all of my bookmarks from my browser, so things are a little chaotic right now. I will try to do some tag bundles and weeding on the bookmarks. It's a little daunting right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment