This is Me!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Week Two: Social Networking

I chose Facebook as my social network for this week's 23 Things Kansas! workshop. I have also used MySpace, but I could get into it. I really enjoy facebook's homepage where I can catch up on all the newsfeeds from my friends. I also find it very easy to link to quizzes or games that my friends have tried out...sometimes it's too easy and I allow more apps than what I actually use. But I really enjoy finding old friends and reconnecting. And, it's always nice when an old friend finds me!

I use facebook mainly as a way to reconnect and stay in touch. I send out half of my Christmas letters as messages on Facebook this year! In the future, I hope to start a Facebook page for my library, PWRL. And I hope to be able to share some of my own creative work on my personal page.

I think PWRL could use Facebook as a way to reconnect to patrons who have stopped coming in. I think Facebook would also offer a great way to post programming and new books lists and be an ideal spot for patrons to post comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment